I’ll be 100% truthful here: when it comes to things like makeup and face creams, I’m no expert. In fact, I haven’t worn any makeup in over 2 years. I will go so far as to advocate that less is best for me and my skin, and if you are feeling bold and want to stop using makeup, moisturizer, or other specialty products, you might just find out that you love it.
That being said, you are your own boss and whatever makes you feel like a million bucks is what you should do! But how about ditching all the extra plastic, harmful chemicals, animal tested products, and cheap extras that you don’t use?
Making your own products is a great way to take control of the ingredients used and saving a bit of money in the process. Plus DIY is always fun and empowering 🙂 It’s pretty amazing how much you can do with coconut oil and shea butter!
Here’s a list of recipes for some commonly used items, but if you don’t see something listed here, Google and Pinterest are great resources for finding more DIY body care product recipes that you can make at home.
- Sab’s Homemade Lip Balm – http://sustainablesabs.tumblr.com/post/179531312566/sabs-homemade-fool-proof-lip-balm
- Homemade Natural Makeup Recipes from Wellness Mama – https://wellnessmama.com/4948/natural-makeup-recipes/
- Whipped Body Butter Recipe from Wellness Mama – https://wellnessmama.com/6544/whipped-body-butter/
- More DIY Makeup Recipes – https://www.yourbeautyblog.com/2013/07/diy-makeup-recipes.html
- Homemade Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion (without coconut oil) – https://livesimply.me/2014/04/16/homemade-moisturizing-lotion-recipe-no-coconut-oil/
- Homemade Lotion: Natural Hand & Body Moisturizer – https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-lotion/